Hi Welcome!

I'm Ivanna Marie. An active living & wellness enthusiast / blogger as well as a certified personal trainer.


Thank you for visiting my site, I hope you find something of value here today. 

Learn more about me here.

Things I Do To Decompress and Zone Out

Things I Do To Decompress and Zone Out

"Be present" they say, "Be mindful" they tell us. Well to be honest, sometimes I don't want to be present OR mindful. After a long week of work and responsibilities at home, I just want to come home, take off my bra, eat some chips, drink some wine and watch old episodes of The Braxton's on WE TV.

Yep that's right I said it. I know that 98% of you can relate and the other 2% do this all day already! I'm just being real and I actually don't think there is anything wrong with it, sometimes. So if you haven't clicked away because you WOULD NEVER do this. Here are some of the things I do to decompress and completely zone out.

(side note: I usually wait until the kids are in bed to partake in this outright risky behavior)    

Eat chips and drink wine.

My favorite chips are the Boulder Organic Salt and Vinegar flavor, so good! There is a local Colorado red wine that I love. It is sweet but not too sweet. I try to stick to 1-2 glasses max, I'm a light weight.

Laugh out loud at Instagram meme pages.

I could literally spend an hour scrolling through Instagram meme pages. I feel like some of them are reading my mind and making a meme about it. When I say laugh out loud, I mean audibly laugh out loud. My husband says, "whats so funny?" So I show him and he looks at me like this:

Then I will DM it to my little sister who normally replies "πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚". Here is one of my favorites. But, If you don't think it's funny, that's ok, I'm weird. 

Watch Instagram Stories.

I pretty much watch every story that pops up on the top of my phone. So if you are reading this right now and you make Instagram stories, I pretty much know how you spent your day. It's like reality TV of people you can actually engage with. I love it!  

Catch up on all the TV shows I like at once.

We don't have cable but we do have the premium version of HULU without commercials, I hate commercials. I basically let all of the shows I like build up and I watch all of them one after another. My favorite TV shows to watch are: Chicago Fire, Law and Order SVU, This is Us, Black-ish, Shades of Blue and Rosewood. When those are done I may find a Netflix series or an old reality TV show like the Braxton's. It's not too crazy and they keep it pretty clean. 

Watch YouTube Beauty Tutorials.

All I can say is the make-up tutorials on YouTube mesmerize me. I am always trying to figure out who in the world has time to do all that contouring, highlighting, baking, and beating before work? 

Read a book or Devotional.

Now to be really honest, all of aforementioned things usually leave me feeling a little blah! So I usually have to close my night out reading a book or devotional to bring to remembrance the things that are actually important. AND get my brain working again haha! 

Well friends, those have been some things I do to decompress and zone out. Obviously I don't do these things all the time because I have a job, family and life. But when I don't have anything to do and have a moment to myself to relax and I don't want to think at all, I will.  

What do you do to Decompress and Zone Out or are you always mindful and present? 



Four Workouts That Make Me Feel Strong

Four Workouts That Make Me Feel Strong